Physical activity has a great influence on overall well being, improvements in health and prevention of disease. Although health benefits are seen with as little as 60 minutes a week, research shows that a total amount of 150 min a week of moderate – intensity aerobic activity, like fast walking, reduces the risk of many chronic diseases and improves other health aspects.
After several months of fitness training you will be able to carry out daily tasks with energy and focus, remain free of fatigue, enjoy your leiseure acitivites and be ready for unpredictable emergenices. Physical activity and fitness will bring physical and phsychological benefits to your life.
Physical benefits include
- Reducing risk of heart disease, stroke and hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Improved cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness
- Improved bone health
- Lowering risk of early death
- Improved body composition
- Lowering risk of type 2 diabetes
- Improving the function of you immune system
- Lowering risk of certain types of cancer ( colon, breast…)
- Dimnished anxiety and depression
- Improved self – esteem and body image
- Control stress and minimize its effect on the body
- Improve cognition and problem solving
- Improved sleep quality